https://www.seattlesearchengineoptimization.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/linkhelpers-logo-resized-300x71.png 0 0 Carmel https://www.seattlesearchengineoptimization.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/linkhelpers-logo-resized-300x71.png Carmel2019-02-21 05:42:202019-02-21 05:42:20Facts to Consider Before Making Important Changes in Your Website Part 2
Facts to Consider Before Making Important Changes in Your Website Part 2
It is wise to stop and think first before starting to redesign your website. You need to thoroughly think of the advantages and disadvantages of your decision. It is important for you to know the power and the feebleness because in knowing this, you will be able to decide which ones has to remain and what should be taken off. Aside from this factor, you should also need to maintain your online rankings.
So, here are 7 things you should consider:
Find out if there are broken internal links.
- This is an indication that there is a significant error when you made changes in your website. There are various link checkers available online like W3C Link Checker, Dead Link Checker, Online Broken Link Checker, and many more.
Search for 404 Page Not Found responses.
- Most people think 404 response codes are not that important. They really are! It’s the server response to a broken link. Once your web visitors have encountered a broken link, you should be able to guide back to the right track.
- When you crawl into a certain website and find the 404 response codes, this only means that something is wrong. There might be broken links. Find out where exactly the mistakes are, and provide the correct URL.
Locate thin pages.
- There is a great deal of good content management systems existing and all you have to do is to choose the one that provides you the means to enhance and control your site. So, even if you are not a technical person, this will work for you. Survey every page using an SEO audit tool and locate those pages that has only a few content.
Make a copy of your content.
- Google classifies by choosing one page to rank and allow the link signals that comes from the duplicate page to the singled-out page.
- To make everything easier, you can use canonical to help search engines where the main page for the content is. Your SEO site will definitely improve this way.
Stage your site.
- This is done by doing an identical copy of the new site but its location is in another folder or server. Use a password to protect it and to block search engines as well. After you have finished, you need to test it to know the errors before you do any changes.
Try and examine the new website yourself.
- The tips above are the important things you should think about should you need to make crucial changes in your website. Perhaps, it is not that complete because the truth is that there are many minor adjustments you must know of.
- There are a handful of examples like making two or three backups that you can add to the list. You just have to make sure that the files and the images are downloaded properly using the right steps. This will make sure also that your files will be safe from being corrupt.
That’s it for now. I hope you have learn some tips upon reading this post. If you want to go back to part 1, you can follow this link.